The business world is complex, sometimes cruel, and full of pitfalls. Not many experienced analysts can predict the development of the market. Students who study at business departments are often assigned with business research papers in which they need to investigate diverse companies, consumer behavior, and the flow of active assets.
However, teachers understand that students can’t be absolutely accurate in issues that concern the future or potential actions. Therefore, instructors usually evaluate students’ abilities to analyze and prove opinions. Also, they expect interesting business topics for research paper writing from students. Below, you will find unusual research paper topic ideas that you can use to complete your paper.
Business Topics for Research Paper: Workplace Diversity
What is work place diversity? Briefly speaking, it’s a company’s strategy that implies hiring employees of different ages, races, ethnicities, and genders. Is it just tolerance in an effective marketing strategy? Choose the subject for investigation below and find the answer to this question.
- How does gender influence a person’s ability to manage large and small teams?
- Why do companies that work in certain niches prefer to hire youth? Explain with an example of one or several similar organizations.
- How do the differences in ethnical cultures affect team-building processes?
- Are there difficulties in cross-functional cooperation of departments that contain people of different ages?
- What types of companies hire more men than women and why? Do they believe that stereotypes on the efficiency of such a hiring approach are empirically confirmed?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Management Techniques
A slew of factors affect the growth of companies, and one of the key factors is effective management. How entrepreneurs of top organizations build businesses so that they rapidly develop, as well as their strategies and techniques, are ideas you can explore by creating an essay on the topics below.
- What personal qualities should the perfect manager possess?
- How to find out preemptively that a person is ready to hold a managing position? Are psychological tests effective in defining this?
- How do entrepreneurs of big companies develop emotional resilience to stand out during a crisis?
- To what extent is top management responsible for building good relationships among colleagues?
- What steps should managers take to fulfill career longings and ambitions of each employee?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Success of Small Businesses
Though big companies have more sources for product enhancing and advertising, they sometimes lose small businesses in definite niches, such as bakeries, flower shops, coffee houses, and others. Why is it so? Try to understand how this happens by writing a paper. Here are some ideas:
- What types of products do consumers often purchase from small companies instead of big companies?
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- How would the market change if small businesses became extinct?
- What niches don’t fit small businesses?
- Is organizing a business with a friend a good or bad idea? What are advantages and disadvantages?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Franchises
Typically, businessmen buy franchises when they don’t want to spend much time on the concept of a brand, advertising, or marketing strategy. What are advantages and disadvantages of buying franchises? Investigate the issue using our topics:
- What are the disadvantages of buying a franchise comparing to setting up a new business?
- Why are fitness franchises becoming more and more popular?
- What franchise models exist and which should be chosen for a coffee house?
- Should franchisees promote the brands on their own or is it the responsibility of franchise holders?
- What items should be included in a franchise agreement to save the franchisees from spending much money without reward?
Business Topics for Research Paper: Globalization
Globalization has an impact on market tendencies and companies’ approaches towards consumers. Companies need to adopt new techniques and marketing strategies to satisfy consumers’ needs. Examine the following questions on globalization.
- What factors should companies consider when deciding the market and country of which they would like to come?
- How has consumer behavior changed since the beginning of globalization?
- How does the Chinese market benefit from globalization?
- Does the process of globalization still prosper, or will it inevitably see a decrease?
- How do business clusters move globalization?
Business Topics for Research Paper Ideas
- Will involvement in a charity make a company more popular and likable?
- If personal guns are banned, will this ruin the handgun production industry?
- Should minimum salary (or minimum wage) be canceled? If so, how do you evaluate each employee’s work?
- Will the traditional definition of commerce and retail die in 10-15 years, and shopping activity migrate entirely to the Internet?
- Is advertizing on the Internet more effective than other kinds of ads?
- Should tobacco production companies be obliged to pay more taxes or donate to cancer curing facilities?
- What are the main disadvantages of outsourcing?
- What role does business ethics play in making important decisions for a company?
- What roles do ethics and morality play in a business-oriented society?
- How do you make a museum exhibition interesting and marketable?
- What are the key factors that contributed to high sales rates of mobile phones in the last three years?
- What are the challenges faced by companies with international human resources?
- What are some old and rigid corporate rituals that are still present to this day?
- Is brainstorming as effective in creating business solutions and ideas as it is said to be?
- Define “healthy work environment.” How can you create one?
- What is the best country in 2016 to invest money in and why?
- How do both world crises and military conflicts influence business in the US?
- Is it true that people are more willing to pay for a famous brand than for a commodity with the same properties produced by a less famous brand? Why or why not?
- The power of image in modern business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- What are some psychological tricks that make people buy more expensive goods or a higher quantity than they had originally planned?
- What is the culture of consumerism? Do you believe that it was artificially created by the largest companies for their own profit?
- How does feminism influence products for women (clothes, make up, etc.)?
- What are the most influential brands among teenagers in recent years?
- If recycling is made mandatory, will it influence the prices of goods? Will it be beneficial in the longer term?
- Is it acceptable for companies to be allowed to advertise their products in schools?
- How has social media changed marketing strategies that we use?
- Should every company hire a psychologist to deal with employee stress?
- Corporate sports and art classes as enhancers of creativity and healthy work environments.
- Why have start-ups become so popular in recent years? What is the reason for the occurrence of this phenomenon?
- How can entrepreneurs be encouraged to lead more eco-friendly policies in their companies?
Here you can also find international business research paper topics. In case you are interested in other subjects to write your research paper within, check out the list of outstanding research paper topics.
After looking through so many topics, you might be a little bit bewildered about what to choose. It’s better to select a subject that you partly discussed in class or which you care about. Also, you shouldn’t take easiness as a key criterion for making a choice. Some topics that can seem easy can turn out to be difficult, and vice versa. In case you are panicking and can’t concentrate on anything, apply to EssayShark.com research paper writing service. Our support team will help you to overcome academic challenges.
A 10-page paper will not seem such a great deal of work if you have a broad and interesting topic to explore throughout it. Business is rich in such topics. Here are several examples:
Examine the policies used by companies to promote diversity in the workplace. Assess the positive effects from their implementation (e. g. increased productivity, job satisfaction, and loyalty) and possible problems. Discuss whether governmental regulation of workplace diversity does more good or bad.
Review the theoretical basis of performance-based pay. Discuss main methods of linking employee payments to their performance. Find out which of these practices are most efficient today and why.
Identify primary ethics concerns in a specific industry and the means companies can use to address them. Alternatively, you may compare business ethics laws in different countries, or investigate the reasons that corporate ethics policies do not work and offer ways for improvement.
Explore the history of partnerships between the government and private companies in your state. Identify the main advantages and disadvantages of this form of collaboration for both parties and for the public. Suggest the ways to make public partnerships more transparent and efficient.
Discuss the specific challenges of managing a small enterprise. Identify the features that all successful small companies share and suggest a course of action for a small business founder that can increase the likelihood of success.
Provide a brief overview of the history and main forms of franchising. Compare and contrast buying a franchise and launching a startup as two ways to start your own business. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches and conclude which one can work better in which cases.
Investigate the arguments for and against business deregulation in your state and decide which side is right. Another way is to compare and contrast business regulation policies in two countries and find out which effects governmental regulations has on their economies.
Discuss a popular management technique, such as “management by walking around.” Explore its theoretical basis, history of implementation, beneficial and adverse effects. You may also compare two management techniques side by side.
Begin with a brief overview of the business leadership concept and schools. Choose the leadership training approach that you consider to be the most efficient. Explain your choice.
Discuss the use of such a powerful marketing instrument as “word-of-mouth” is in the digital era. Point out the key opportunities and challenges for companies.