I am a pretty honest person, so I am not going to encourage you to lie. To be real with you, I was a total nerd that turned in homework on time. However, I happen to have many friends that are totally dishonest and got away with it. Some excuses that always seemed to work for them include:
Death in the family (It is best not to make it a close family member since that is easy for a teacher to check on. A random cousin is best.)
Death of a pet (Goldie the Goldfish passing away the night before could be quite traumatic. That burial at sea took some preparation!)
Forced to babysit (This could be a sibling or a niece or nephew. The older you are, the more likely it is your own kid keeping you from getting stuff done.)
Illness (If you claim you were really sick, you are likely to get away with this. If you pretend you were in the hospital, that might seal the deal.)
Your homework fell in water (This only works if you have a stream, river, pond, or some other body of water near your school. It helps if it is a windy day.)
Band practice (Band, football, cheer leading, soccer, or any other practice that goes overtime is a good excuse, but only use it maybe once a semester or year. Unless you have a really nice teacher, eventually he or she will get tired of it and try to convince you that you are not able to participate in after school activities due to poor time management skills... beware!)
Homework overload (If you are genuinely overwhelmed by too much homework or just pretending to be overwhelmed, pick your nicest professor or teacher, and mention you may need an extension. Chances are, you will get more time to do your assignment, especially if you can show some of it is done.)
Computer explosion (Back in the day, people used to say, "My computer crashed." Honestly, I don't even know if anyone says that anymore, but a computer malfunction will still work if you are typing an essay.)
Missing flash drive (If you are using your computer for your homework, a missing flash drive is always a suitable excuse if you save all your assignments on it.)
WARNING: If you happen to have a professor, teacher, or boss that is really strict, it is not likely any of these excuses will work for you. Some teachers even ask for a death certificate or hospital paperwork to prove some of these excuses. Yeah, good luck with that.
Hilariously Funny Excuses Students Give for Not Doing Homework
List of Excuses
The list is compiled below, you can take your pick from them; but here's a warning, don't expect them to work always, as eventually, they are excuses!?
- I accidentally divided by zero and my paper burst into flames.
- I have a solar powered calculator and it was cloudy.
- I could only get arbitrarily close to my textbook. I couldn't actually reach it.
- I could have sworn I put the homework inside a Klein bottle, but this morning I couldn't find it.
- I was kidnapped by terrorists and they just didn't let me go, so I didn't have time to do it.
- I locked the paper in my trunk, but a four-dimensional dog got in and ate it.
- I mistook it for a letter and sent/emailed it overseas.
- I took time out to snack a dough-nut and a cup of coffee. I spent the rest of the night trying to figure which one to dunk.
- I have the proof, but there isn't room to write it in this margin.
- It was Isaac Newton's birthday.
- I didn't do it because I didn't want to add to my teacher's heavy workload.
- A bunch of nerds stole it to make sure theirs were completely perfect.
- It was in my pocket and mom/cleaning lady washed my uniform.
- My mother took it to have it framed.
- It was in my back pocket and a pickpocket stole it.
- I let somebody copy it, but they never gave it back.
- I was reading it on the way home and the wind blew it away.
- I left it at home.
- The dog/cat/hamster/bird/fish ate it.
- It must have fallen out of my folder/bag.
- I couldn't figure out whether I am the square of negative one or I is the square root of negative one.
- My brother/sister/friend made it into a paper airplane and it landed on the roof.
- My skimpy printer ran out of ink.
- I left it at school overnight so I couldn't do it.
- The sink was full of water and it fell in.
- Aliens took it as a sample of human handwriting.
- I got mugged on the way home.
- I was too busy to do it.
- It was put in the paper shredder by accident.
- You (the teacher) left it here after I gave it in last lesson and another teacher threw it out by accident.
- I fed it to the pet/baby/one of those plants that can eat anything.
- Someone told me there was no homework.
- It's in my locker and the key's at home/in the locker.
- I thought it was due tomorrow/next week.
- Paint got splattered all over it.
- I was watching the World Series and got tied up trying to prove that it converged.
- It was used as a rag.
- The FBI/Federal Police needed it for vital evidence.
- The computer exploded.
- I swapped bags/folders and I must have left it in the other one.
- It spontaneously combusted and vaporized.
- My sibling's friend showed me how he could eat paper.
- We had to light the fire.
- It flew out the car window.
- The baby tore it up.
- What homework?